On January 25-27, 2017, the National Committee of the ICOM Azerbaijan, the Azerbaijan Carpet Museum, the National Committee of ICOM Georgia, and Museum of Fine Arts named after P.S. Gamzatova, (Makhachkala, Russia) organize joint regional seminar on the topicThe Jewelry Art in the Museum Space: Yesterday, Today,Tomorrow.
The seminar will be focused on the next issues:
-Storage and security of jewelry in the museum collections;
- Restoration and conservation of the jewelry;
- Cooperation of contemporary jewelers with museums;
- Purchase by the museums of modern jewelry made in classic and contemporary styles;
- Curatorial work with jewelry collections;
- Museum marketing that determines the level of a new style of thinking closely associated with social processes.
The seminar will be attended by curators of the jewelry collections, jewelers, jewelry designers, artists in precious metal and stones, representatives of modern jewelry brands, restorers, conservators, representatives of the museum's security service and marketing managers from Azerbaijan, Georgia and Russia.
On three-day seminar, the participantswill alsovisit the jewelry storages of the Azerbaijan Carpet Museum, the National Museum of History of Azerbaijan andthe National Art Museum of Azerbaijan, Icherisheher Center of traditional art, shop of the Azerbaijani jewelry brand Resm.
During the seminar, on January 25-27 at 5.30 p.m. atthe Azerbaijan Carpet Museum is planning the fairy-exhibition of jewelry.